Courtyard by Marriott, 6280 Ridgewood Court Dr., Jackson, MS 39211. PH: 601-956-9991
Michele will make all reservations via direct bill. If you will be staying longer than the two (2) days paid for by the festival, let Michele know (email email@example.com) and she will adjust your reservation. You can pay the difference when you check out. Thank you!
Malco Grandview Cinema, 221 Grandview Blvd., Madison, MS 39110
STAFF & VOLUNTEERS
If you need anything while you’re at the theater, find someone with a BLUE T-shirt (volunteer/staff) or visit the green tent in the lobby of the theater. We’ll be glad to answer all kinds of questions.
Also at any point during your stay, feel free to call me: Michele Baker, Festival Coordinator at 601-345-5674. (FYI, there is “very limited” to “nonexistent” cell service inside the theater – you’ll most likely find me under or near the green tent.)
NEED A CONCIERGE?
Have questions? Need to find something? – Crossroads can offer you the local expertise of several filmmakers to help you find the answers you need – everything from “Where can I get a pair of jeans?” to “Can you recommend a good sushi bar?” to “I need a doctor… quick!!” For assistance finding things locally, call:
- Mr. Zach Prichard -- 662-617-1229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Jenni Smith -- 601-566-3722 or email@example.com
Jimmy Taylor is our transportation coordinator (cell: 601-613-0242). We provide scheduled service between the hotel, airport, and all venues; official transpo runs until 1 hour after events end each night. If you need later transportation, please pre-arrange. Thanks for your cooperation!
See the Workshops on Saturday, April 14 – see all the details here
- TBA, presented by TBA -- 11:00 AM (Malco Arcade)
There is a Crossroads backdrop at the theater – we encourage you to take photos anywhere and everywhere and use our hashtag (#XFF2018) when posting to social media. There will also be photographers on hand during the festival who will be taking photos of your Q&A's, the panels, the parties and more.
- Hashtag: #XFF2018
- Facebook: xrfilmfest
- Instagram: crossroadsfilm
- Twitter: crossroadsfilm
- After-Party @ TBA on Thursday, April 12 - for donors, filmmakers, volunteers, & Crossroads Film Society Members
- After-Party @ TBA – starting at 10:00 p.m. or whenever the music videos end - Friday, April 13 - $5 cover, free for passholders (cash bar) (TBA)
- After-Party @ Hal & Mal's - starting around 10:30 PM or whenever the Horror Block films end - Saturday, April 14 - $10 includes film and party; passholders get film free ($5 for film and party) (cash bar) (200 Commerce St., DOWNTOWN)
- Sunday Brunch & Filmmaker Awards @ Iron Horse Grill – starting at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, April 15 - for sponsors, filmmakers, volunteers, & Crossroads Film Society Members (cash bar) (320 W. Pearl St., DOWNTOWN)
WHAT'S NEARBY... THINGS TO DO!
- NEW! 2 Mississippi Museums (Museum of Mississippi History and the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum)
- Restaurants in Jackson
- Things to see and do in Jackson (Visit Jackson, Jackson Visitor's Bureau)
- Jackson Free Press Events (cultural, arts)
- Jackson Free Press Music and Nightlife calendar
- Restaurants in Ridgeland (Ridgeland Convention & Visitor's Bureau)
- Restaurants in Madison (Madison the City website) (Madison County Chamber of Commerce)
- Mississippi Children's Museum
- Fondren District - (just north of Cabot Lodge Millsaps on State Street in Jackson, MS)
- Fondren First Thursday (April 6 evening) - street party with food and live music
- Vicksburg Military Park (National Park Service)
- Natchez Trace Parkway (drive north for beautiful water views!)
- Mississippi Film Studios at Canton, MS
- Mississippi Blues Trail
- Mississippi Freedom Trail (sites of importance in the civil rights movement)
- Mississippi Museum of Natural Science
- Eudora Welty House Museum and Gardens
- Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame
- Mississippi Agriculture & Forestry Museum
- Jackson Area Shopping
- Jackson Zoo
- Mississippi Braves (baseball) and Trustmark Park
- Mississippi Fairgrounds, Coliseum and Convention Center
- Mississippi Governor’s Mansion
- Mississippi State Capitol