For Immediate Release - April 3, 2015
Australian actress Claire van der Boom, one of the stars of the Mississippi-filmed feature Battlecreek, is coming back to the Magnolia State to support this year’s Crossroads Film Festival. Van der Boom will be in the audience for the local premiere of Battlecreek and will be part of a Q&A session that will follow the film. Crossroads will host the local premiere of Battlecreek at Malco Grandview Theatre in Madison on Friday, April 10 at 6:00 p.m. General admission tickets are $10.
“It’s high praise to Mississippi and to Crossroads Film Festival to have Ms. van der Boom accept our invitation to be part of our 2015 Crossroads Film Festival. Her appearance is an exciting way to kick off this year’s 16th Festival,” said Robbie Fisher, Crossroads Film Society president. “We hope to also see a lot of Mississippians who worked on Battlecreek,” Fisher added.
Van der Boom will be joined on the Q&A panel by the film’s producer Connie Hoy, whose film Queens of Country screened at Crossroads in 2012 and won Best Feature Narrative. Dane Lawing, the Director of Photography for Battlecreek, will also attend the screening and be part of the panel. Van der Boom, a 31 year old Australian who now lives in Los Angeles, has a long resume that includes television, big screen, off-Broadway, and vocal credits.
2015 Festival Schedule Summary
- Thursday, April 9th at 7:00 p.m. – Southern Music Video Showcase sponsored by WJTV News Channel 12, and live performance by Jackson-based band, Cynical Twins, Hal & Mal's Red Room, Jackson - Tickets $5.
- Friday, April 10th at 6:00 p.m. – Local premiere of short film, Clown Service, followed by local premiere of feature, Battlecreek¸ Q&A with producer and cast, Malco Grandview Theatre, Madison - Tickets $10
- Saturday, April 11th from 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. – Workshops and Screenings of over 90 films, Malco Grandview Theatre, Madison - $8 per screening, $20 for a day-pass, $45 for All Access pass
- Saturday, April 11th at 9:00 p.m. – Southern Komfort Brass Band, Duling Hall, Jackson - $10 cover
- Sunday, April 12th at 10:00 a.m. – Awards Brunch for filmmakers and All Access pass holders, Iron Horse Grill
For tickets to Battlecreek and other Festival events, and for more information about the Festival, go to www.crossroadsfilmfestival.com.
Started in 2000, The Crossroads Film Festival celebrates the art of filmmaking with film screenings and competitions from a wide variety of genres including features, shorts, documentaries, animation and music videos. Crossroads brings filmmakers and film buffs together throughout the Festival and the year with screenings, workshops and music events.