Hello, Film Lovers!
After an amazing Sunday Awards Brunch this morning (special thanks to venue Iron Horse Grill!), Crossroads Film Society is pleased to announce the winning films for the 2015 Crossroads Film Festival:
- Award for Best Feature Narrative (sponsored by I.A.T.S.E. Local 478) – WildLike (USA), Dir. Frank Hall Green, Prod. Schuyler Weiss
- Award for Best Short Narrative – Mousse (Sweden), Dir. John Hellberg, Prod. Fredrik Bjelke
- Award for Best Feature Documentary – Barge (USA), Dir. & Prod. Ben Powell
- Award for Best Short Documentary – Wandering Rabbi (USA), Dir. & Prod. Henry Wiener
- Award for Best Experimental Film – Gaia (USA), Dir. & Prod. Nick Graalman
- Award for Best Animated Film – Orbits (Órbitas) (Spain), Dir. Jaime Maestro, Prod. Carlos Escutia
- Award for Best Student Film – Into the Grove (USA), Dir. Jonathan Peartree, Prod. Kel Bracken
- Adam Ford Youth Filmmaking Award – Pink Elephant (USA), Dir. & Prod. Hunter Hopewell
- Award for Best Music Video – The Fly (by Young Valley), Dir. & Prod. Drew McKercher
- Award for Most Transformative Film – Yazoo Revisited: Integration and Segregation in a Deep Southern Town (USA), Dir. & Prod. David Rae Morris
- Programmers' Choice Award – Bad Day at the Office (United Kingdom), Dir. Nick Scott, Prod. Harriet Macdonald
- Audience Choice Award – The Newport Effect (USA), Dir. Alyson M. Young and Beverly Penninger
- Audience Choice Award (Music Video) – Devil Again (by Bronwynne Brent), Dir. Ultralite Films (Bud Force, Joey Arcisz, Eric Schlegel)
- The Ruma Award for Most Promising Mississippi Filmmaker – Rudy’s Olde Hat (USA), Dir. Herman Snell, Prod. & Ed. Philip Scarborough, Jr.
Congratulations to all these films and their filmmakers! For tickets to Festival and year-round Society events, visit www.crossroadsfilmfestival.com.
Started in 2000, the annual Crossroads Film Festival celebrates the art of filmmaking with film screenings and competitions from a wide variety of genres including features, shorts, documentaries, animation and music videos. Crossroads Film Society brings filmmakers and film buffs together throughout the Festival and the year with screenings, workshops and music events.